HDJV’s success on the Salt Lake Airport Redevelopment Program Project is highly dependent on selection of best-in-class trade contractors that have project experience, safety records, financial stability and competitive bonding rates that align with our goals of delivering a world class airport to Salt Lake City and the Salt Lake Airport stake holders. Trade Contractor Prequalification is the first step in that process.
HDJV will review trade contractor prequalifications for each design package by individual trade package to evaluate potential qualified prime subcontractors. Trade packages are defined on the Bid Information tab and will be developed specific to each design package. These trade packages will cover all-inclusive scope of work to be subcontracted to a qualified Prime Subcontractor. Material suppliers, equipment vendors, specialized system companies, designers, and other consultants who cannot meet the minimum 25% self-perform requirements on an all-inclusive trade package should reach out to the advertised HDJV contact to be directed to the pre-qualified Prime Subcontractors. HDJV will not be prequalifying sub-subcontractors, vendors, or manufacturers directly.
If you are interested in bringing your expertise and experience as a Trade Contractor to the HDJV Team, click here to contact our HDJV Subcontractor Liaison. Our Liaison will email a link for you to directly access the HDJV prequalification database, via SmartBidNet.
Once you access the prequalification screen via SmartBidNet, please complete all of the data fields for project experience, safety metrics, financial status, bonding limits, and yearly business volume.
Prequalification Metrics: In order to prequalify as a Prime Contractor, the following criteria must be satisfied by interested companies;
- An EMR less than 1.0. An EMR>1.0 may be permissible but will automatically require submission of a safety mitigation plan, and prequalification will be subject to HDJV approval of that plan.
- Ability to comply with Contractor Controlled Insurance Program or provide $10 Million in GL insurance, $5 Million in professional liability, $5 Million in automobile liability.
- Ability to provide a 100% performance & payment bond for all scopes over $50,000 in value.
- Experience with projects of similar scope to the project component under consideration.
- If you have difficulty reaching HDJV by the link above, please contact Heather Deuel at 801.415.6041.
- Completing this prequalification does not guarantee a contract for this project. You will be notified whether or not you are approved to bid on each Design Package.
FOR CURRENT TRADES REQUIRING PREQUALIFICATION AND ASSOCIATED DEADLINES PLEASE click here.